Sunday, March 9, 2014
Scalloped Tag Topper Petal Parade card
This is a card that I created using Tanya Bell's instructions for this technique using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch #133324 into a card, but I wanted to use the Sale-a-Bration set Petal Parade.
My club customers wanted to know how to make these, so I showed them how at the workshop today. Here are the instructions for my card.
1. Pool Party cardstock is cut at 8½” x 5½”. (Do not score like the usual card).
2. Line up the 5½” edge side of the cardstock at the top of the Stampin’ Trimmer at the 1” mark on the right side of the cutting area.
3. With a pencil, make a little mark at the top of the cardstock at the 1” mark. Flip it over and make another pencil mark on the other side.
4. Gently push your cardstock into the Scalloped Tag Topper all the way back and line up pencil mark at the edge of the punch. Now Punch!
5. Make a score mark over this scallop and fold it in and crease with the Bone Folder.
6. On the other side do the same, but do not score it.
7. Instead, line the folded scallop at the 4¼” line on the trimmer and with the scoring blade score and use the Bone Folder to crease it. Now the two scallops should meet on the right side of your card.
8. Stamp the 5¼” x 4” Whisper White cardstock with Bermuda Bay ink and the leafy flower three times on the one side. Attach to inside of card with Snail Adhesive.
9. Use 1/8” Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon to tie scallops together.
10. On the outside, attach the 2” x 5” Sweet Sorbet DSP to the 2¼” x 5¼” Bermuda Bay cardstock with Snail Adhesive. Attach to left side of card with Snail Adhesive.
11. Stamp flower on Whisper White scrap and punch out with 1¾” Circle Punch. Attach with Dimensionals.
12. Punch out large Bermuda Bay butterfly with Elegant Butterfly Punch. Stamp little butterfly with Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White cardstock and punch out with Bitty Butterfly punch. Attach with Glue Dot or Dimensional.