This is a card I made for a swap last month. We could make either a sympathy card or a get well card. I have been wanting to make a get well-card with a tissue box pop up inside which I thought turned out really cute. It was so much fun to make. Of course, I love Island Indigo and Gumball Green colors together. I seem to be hooked on those two colors lately.
Stamp Sets: Four Frames, Teeny Tiny Wishes and Perfectly Penned
Cardstock: Gumball Green, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Watercolor Wonder DSP (Occasions Catalog 2014)
Ink: Island Indigo, Basic Gray, Basic Black
Other: Big Shot, Labels Framelits Collection, Ovals Framelits Collection, Decorative Label Punch, Chevron Embossing Folder, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Scotch tape, Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals. Bone Folder
1. Base of card is Gumball Green cut at 8 ½” x 5 ½” and folded in half.
2. The next layer is a combination of Island Indigo and Watercolor Wonder DSP and each is cut at 5 ¼” x 2”. The Island Indigo in run through the Big Shot using the Chevron Embossing Folder, and then both pieces are joined together with scotch tape in the back. Then a piece of 3/8” Stitched Satin Gumball Green is placed over where they meet in front. All is attached with Snail Adhesive
3. Put little Rhinestone Basic Jewels in the center of the flowers on the Watercolor Wonder DSP.
4. Cut out a Gumball Green Labels Collection. Stamp Four Frames stamp on Whisper White using Island Indigo ink. Stamp “get well wishes” in Basic Gray. Attach to Gumball Green Label with Snail Adhesive. Then attach over ribbon with Dimensionals.
5. For the inside, make the tissue box out of the Watercolor Wonder DSP and cut it 6 ½” x 3” and score at 1 ½”, 3”, 4 ½” and 6” and use the Bone Folder to crease each scored line.
6. For the opening of the tissue box, use the smallest Oval Framelit to cut a hole for the top of the tissue box.
7. The tissue box will be open on both sides to allow it to collapse when you close the card.
8. Put “tissue” inside (l ply and half a sheet) so it’s not too bulky when closed.
9. Stamp “Get Well” Perfectly Penned Stamp in Basic Black ink below the tissue box.