Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Sunday, April 13, 2014
This is the other project we made at club today, but had hoped my Petite Petal Punch would have arrived in time, so instead I used Boho Blossoms Punch for the flower.
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes “Happy Easter”
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Gumball Green, Whisper White, Blushing Bride
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Blushing Bridge
Other: Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Designer Frames Embossing Folder, Extra Large Oval Punch, Fringed Scissors, Boho Blossoms Punch, Bitty Banners Framelit,
Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Glue Dots, 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon, Craft Scissors, Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Snail Adhesive, Dauber, Sticky Strip, Hollow Chocolate Bunnies from Aldi’s
1. Tangerine Tango is cut at 2” x 8” and scored at 3¼” x 4¾”. Fold on score lines.
2. Use the Scallop Tag Punch on both ends.
3. Use the Designer Frames Embossing Folder and run it through the Big Shot.
4. Punch center of oval out with Extra Large Oval Punch.
5. Insert the Stitched Satin Ribbon and cut at an angle with the Craft Scissors. Wrap white Baker’s Twine around the ribbon and tie them together. Cut off excess ends with Craft Scissors.
6. Use the Fringe Scissors for the grass. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the bottom.
7. Punch out flowers with the Boho Blossom Punch. Put Basic Rhinestone in the middle of the flower. Petite Petals Punch is another option to use.
8. Stamp “Happy Easter” on Whisper White cardstock and use the Bitty Banners Framlit die to cut it out and attach with Glue Dots at the top.
Put Sticky Strip on the bottom of the hollow chocolate bunny and carefully insert him inside. Be
Here are a couple other cards I made with the same stamp set (Secret Garden and Express Yourself) but with different colors. I used Island Indigo and Bermuda Bay for the reinker-spread technique. Then I used Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petals for the other card, but the one we did at the workshop was Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder. Gumball Green ink was used for the leaves.
This is a card that we made today at our club workshop that I designed. Everyone loved this technique. Here are the instructions on how to make this card.
Stamp Set: Secret Garden, Express Yourself
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White. Shimmery White
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Versamark
Reinkers: Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder
Other: Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, 3/8” Pear Pizzazz Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Oval, Large Oval, Big Shot, Snail Adhesive, Embossing Buddy, White Embossing Folder, Heat Gun, Aqua Painter, Stampin’ Spritzer, paint palette, paper towel, Dimensionals
1. Elegant Eggplant cardstock is cut at 8½” x 5½” and scored and folded in half at 4½”.
2. The Whisper White cardstock is cut at 5¼” x 4”. Insert it into the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and run it through the Big Shot
3. Wrap the Pear Pizzazz Ribbon around the bottom of the Fancy Fan Whisper White cardstock. Adhere it to the front of the card.
4. On the 2½” x 4½” Whisper White, you will stamp the leaves from Secret Garden using Pear Pizzazz ink. Then layer it onto the 2¾” x 4¾” Elegant Eggplant cardstock. Attach to front of card over the ribbon.
5. Tie a piece of ribbon onto the wrapped ribbon on the right side.
6. The Shimmery White cardstock is cut at 3” x 3”. Lightly rub the Embossing Buddy over the cardstock to remove any moisture or fingerprints on the cardstock before you ink it up.
7. Use the Versamark to ink up the flower image.
8. Pour the embossing powder over the image and shake off excess. Put lid back on before embossing.
9. Emboss image with the Heat Tool until the powder turns shiny. Allow to cool.
10. Insert your embossed image into the plastic container and spray the image with about 3 sprays of water from the Stampin’ Spritzer.
11. Drop a few drops of Wisteria Wonder reinker into one of the holes of the palette and a few drops of Elegant Eggplant into another hole of the palette. Take the Aqua Painter and make sure the tip is wet, pick up some ink and just the aqua painter to the middle of one of the spaces of the flower. The ink will run spread like magic. Use the paper towel to remove excess ink on Aqua Painter before picking up the other color.
12. It will take about 30 minutes to dry. Once it is dry, you can cut it out with the Secret Garden Framelit Die using the Magnetic Platform.
13. Stamp “Happy Birthday” or verse of your choice on scrap of Whisper White cardstock with the Elegant Eggplant ink. Punch it out with the Large Oval. Punch out a Pear Pizzazz Scalloped Oval. Layer the two together and attach with Dimensionals.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Sunday, April 6, 2014
This is a card I made for a swap last month. We could make either a sympathy card or a get well card. I have been wanting to make a get well-card with a tissue box pop up inside which I thought turned out really cute. It was so much fun to make. Of course, I love Island Indigo and Gumball Green colors together. I seem to be hooked on those two colors lately.
Stamp Sets: Four Frames, Teeny Tiny Wishes and Perfectly Penned
Cardstock: Gumball Green, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Watercolor Wonder DSP (Occasions Catalog 2014)
Ink: Island Indigo, Basic Gray, Basic Black
Other: Big Shot, Labels Framelits Collection, Ovals Framelits Collection, Decorative Label Punch, Chevron Embossing Folder, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Scotch tape, Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals. Bone Folder
1. Base of card is Gumball Green cut at 8 ½” x 5 ½” and folded in half.
2. The next layer is a combination of Island Indigo and Watercolor Wonder DSP and each is cut at 5 ¼” x 2”. The Island Indigo in run through the Big Shot using the Chevron Embossing Folder, and then both pieces are joined together with scotch tape in the back. Then a piece of 3/8” Stitched Satin Gumball Green is placed over where they meet in front. All is attached with Snail Adhesive
3. Put little Rhinestone Basic Jewels in the center of the flowers on the Watercolor Wonder DSP.
4. Cut out a Gumball Green Labels Collection. Stamp Four Frames stamp on Whisper White using Island Indigo ink. Stamp “get well wishes” in Basic Gray. Attach to Gumball Green Label with Snail Adhesive. Then attach over ribbon with Dimensionals.
5. For the inside, make the tissue box out of the Watercolor Wonder DSP and cut it 6 ½” x 3” and score at 1 ½”, 3”, 4 ½” and 6” and use the Bone Folder to crease each scored line.
6. For the opening of the tissue box, use the smallest Oval Framelit to cut a hole for the top of the tissue box.
7. The tissue box will be open on both sides to allow it to collapse when you close the card.
8. Put “tissue” inside (l ply and half a sheet) so it’s not too bulky when closed.
9. Stamp “Get Well” Perfectly Penned Stamp in Basic Black ink below the tissue box.