Saturday, November 28, 2015
Monday, November 23, 2015
A few months ago, I posted the swaps for September with a group that I swap with monthly. I have permission to post the following swaps for October. I will post November swaps when they all arrive. They are a great group of stampers.
Created by Diane Simpers
Created by Dianne Teslak
Created by Lynn Lipchak
Created by Mary Wesche
Created by Toni Tessler
Created by Nancy Endwright
Sunday, November 22, 2015
Stamp Set: Sparkling Season (Bundle)
Cardstock: 5” x 10” Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, 5” x 5” Thick Whisper White and Copy Paper, 3” x 5” Merry Moments DSP, Gold Glimmer Paper
Ink: Soft Suede, Memento Black Ink
Markers: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Blush Blossom
Other: Big Shot, Circle Collection Dies, Seasonal Frame Thinlets, Dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen, Tombow Multipurpose Glue Pen, Paper Snips, Bone Folder, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat, Mini Brad, eraser
1. This card is a 5” x 5” card. The base of the card is Crumb Cake cut at 5” x 10” and scored in the middle at the 5” mark. Use the Bone Folder to burnish the fold to lie flat.
2. The Merry Moments DSP is cut at 3” x 5”. Put Tombow Multipurpose Glue around the edges and adhere to the middle of the card.
3. With a pencil and clear ruler, measure at the top of the card at 2½” and make a pencil mark below that mark at ¼”.
4. Open up the card and use the fourth from the smallest circle die from the Circle Collection Dies and lay it at the ¼” pencil mark down and center on the DSP to cut out a circle through both front layers using the Big Shot/Magnetic Platform.
5. Then on the side, measure 2½”, mark it 3/8”. Use the same Circle die and with the card closed, lay it just left of the 3/8” mark and run it through the Big Shot to create a thumb hole.
6. To find the center of your card for the Mini Brad, close your card and measure with a clear ruler from one corner of the card to the other and make a small pencil mark in the middle. Do the same so that there is an “x” where they meet in the middle. Use the Paper Piercer and Mat to make a hole in the center of the “X”.
7. Use the 5” x 5” Thick Whisper White Paper to cut out the large Scallop Circle and a piece of 5” x 5” white copy paper at the same time.
8. Take the copy paper and fold it in half, but make sure you have full scallops (not halves) on the fold. Lay it on top of your Thick Whisper White Scalloped circle, and use the pencil to draw a light line on the Thick Whisper White Scallop Circle.
9. Now, count over 7 scallops and make a pencil mark and then count 8 scallops and make another pencil mark. Use the folded copy paper as your guide to draw the pencil lines across the scallop circle to make 6 pies. Using the mat, insert Paper Piercer in the center where lines meet. Insert a brad in the front of the card first and then add your scallop circle so you can find placement for you to stamp the images. Start where the line is straight up and down, and then take a pencil and draw the circle.
10. Move it past the next line, draw another circle, skip a line and draw the last circle.
11. Remove the brad and your scallop circle from the card for now. Stamp an image in each circle with Memento Black ink. Let dry!
12. Erase all pencil marks. Color images in with markers.
13. Insert scallop circle back into card with the brad.
14. Stamp base of snow globe on 3” x ½” Crumb Cake cardstock with Soft Suede ink. Adhere with two Dimensionals.
15. Cut out Gold Glimmer “Falala” from the Seasonal Frame Thinlets, using Big Shot with an extra “lala”. Use 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere to the front of the card. Let dry!
Monday, November 9, 2015
DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! That is what this Santa is saying. He is from the hostess set Antique Tags. This was a box that I made using Real Red and Mossy Meadow cardstock.
The Designer Series Paper is called Home for Christmas. The ribbon is the 5/8" Gold Satin Ribbon and it uses the 2" and 2-1/2" Circle Punches. The measurements for the box can be found on Angie Juda's blog HERE. Her box is a snowman made with the Snow Place stamp set.
Friday, November 6, 2015
This was a project so much fun to make but it was not my original idea. I found a video on how to make this box on Splitcoaststampers by JanB. The base is Marina Mist using the Woodland TIEF and using a Dauber and Craft White ink. It also uses a 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds. The little snowman on the NoteTag is from Sparkling Seasons colored in with Marina Mist, Soft Sky and Pumpkin Pie markers adding more Dazzling Diamonds which makes a nice little gift box for someone at Christmas time. Wouldn't you love to receive this gift?
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
This is a card I did for a swap this month. It makes a great Fall card and I'm glad to have used my
Leaflet Framelits that I have had for a few months just waiting to create a Fall card.
STAMP SETS: Festive Leaves, Happy Scenes, For All Things
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Soft Sky, Old Olive
Markers: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler,
Other: Big Shot, Leaflet Framelits, 2” Circle Punch, Sponges, Woodland TIEF