Monday, September 12, 2016

Jar of Haunts Caramel Apple

This is a similar card I saw on Julie Pitta's website so wanted to try to make one of my own. The base of my card is Basic Black Cardstock cut at 4-1/4" x 11".  I then cut a 4" x 5-1/4" of the Halloween Night Specialty DSP for the second layer.  The stamp set I used was Jar of Haunts.  I stamped the pumpkin stamp on Pear Pizzazz card stock.  It cut it out with the Paper Snips,  and then turned it over and used a Blender Pen to color the "green apple" with Wild Wasabi ink, and then I stamped the oozing stamp on Crumb Cake and colored in with Soft Suede.  I then attached it to the top my apple to create a "caramel apple" but it is more like a spooky treat. I placed a cut off skewer stick behind the apple. I put it inside a 2" x 8" Cellophane bag and wrapped the Halloween Night Baker's Twine around it.  I attached the wrapped apple to the front using Tear and Tape.  Then I stamped the sentiment in Memento Black on 1-1/2" x 2-1/4" Whisper White cardstock and layered it on 1-3/4" x 2-1/2" Basic Black cardstock.  Now I'm starting to feel hungry for a delicious caramel apple.  I may have to run to the apple orchard!

Products I Used:

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Enduring Beauty - 2022-2024 In-Colors Retiring

I made several examples using the retiring In-Colors using Sweet Sorbet, Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis and Starry Sky for the flowers, and Par...