Monday, November 14, 2016

Wrapped in Warmth


Yesterday, my club members met at my house and this is one of the cards that we made.  I showed them how to use the new Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder in the Holiday catalog.  It is thicker than the regular Embossing Folders.  It kind of creates a 3-D effect.  Before they put it in the Big Shot, I had them spray the 4" x 5-1/4" Cherry Cobbler cardstock with a Spritzer filled with rubbing alcohol.  Water can also be used, but the alcohol dries faster.  The wetness provides the cardstock a little more give so that when you run it through the Big Shot, the deep impression will not tear the cardstock. The base of the card is Garden Green cardstock cut at 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2" in the middle.  I also had them emboss the Whisper White cardstock with the Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool. Unfortunately, I just realized the powder retired, so instead you can use the Cherry Cobbler ink pad and Clear Embossing Powder. The sentiment is from the Wrapped in Warmth stamp set.  First, they used the Embossing Buddy on the cardstock and then ink up the sentiment.  Pour the embossing powder over it and shake off the excess.  Heat set it with the Heat Tool.  Then they cut it out with the new Stitched Framelits circle.  Then they die cut a scalloped circle from the Layering Circle Framelits using Garden Green cardstock and layered them together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue with Dimensionals on the back.  The Designer Series Paper is from the Warmth and Cheer Paper Pack and it is cut at 1" x 4".

Products I used:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...