Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
from the 2016 Occasions Catalog. It can be purchased as a Bundle or separately. As a Bundle, you also get the Party Pop-Up Thinlets Die set to go with the stamp set.
The colors I used are Tempting Turquoise (base of my card), Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo. I used the Lots of Labels Thinlits Die to stamp the words "It's Time to Celebrate with Cake" with Archival Basic Black ink. Then I colored in the words with markers. I stamped slice of cake with Melon Mambo.
Inside, I used the template and used a mask to cover up each word by using a Dauber to color in the the Happy Birthday cake inside.
Saturday, March 26, 2016
I used the Washi Label Punch to create the candles and the Bird Builder Punch to create the flame on the candle.
Here are more instructions on how to make this card:
Stamp Set: Circle of Spring, Party with Cake (2016 Occasions)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, It’s My Party DSP, Gold Glimmer Paper, Silver, Glimmer Paper
Ink: Archival Basic Black
Other: 1” Circle Punch, 1-3/4” Circle Punch, 2” Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Washi Label Punch, Bird Builder Punch
1. Base of card is 4-1/4” x 11” and scored at 5-1/2” in the middle.
2. The second layer is Whisper White cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4”.
3. The third layer is It’s My Party DSP cut at 3-3/4” x 5”.
4. Start with the 1” Circle Punch by aligning punch to one side of the DSP. Do the other side the exact same way. Once you have the two holes, you connect them by cutting with your Paper Snips from one circle to the other.
5. Another piece you will need is Melon Mambo cut a panel at 1-1/4” x 4-1/2”.
6. Turn over DSP and place panel across the hole. Use the long borders from the Dimensionals and line it up close to the panel on either side. Put 4 or 5 full Dimensionals on the back below the panel. Pull off backings and position onto the 4” x 5-1/4” Whisper White cardstock.
7. Ink up “Make a wish” with the Basic Black Archival ink and stamp on the inside on the Whisper White cardstock to the very far right side. Layer onto the base card.
8. Stamp “Happy Birthday to you” with Basic Black Archival Black on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Use the 1-3/4” Circle Punch to punch it out. Punch out a 2” Melon Mambo circle with the 2” Circle Punch. Layer together with Snail Adhesive.
9. Then slide in your Melon Mambo panel and slide it over to the left to see where the right end will be and place a Dimensional on the Melon Mambo panel on the right side to serve as a blocker so the panel won’t go any further or fall out when you pull it to reveal the message.
10. Add circle greeting on that Dimensional and make sure it is all the way to the right before you trim off the excess on the left side of your panel so it will be able to fit inside a regular-sized envelope.
11. Using the Silver Glimmer Paper, punch out a 1” Circle and fold in half to attach to the left side of the panel to use as the pulley for the arm panel which makes it easy to grip when you pull it.
12. Using the Washi Label Punch, punch out three candles from the Silver Glimmer Paper. Put Snail Adhesive on the back and attach to the front of the card.
13. Using the Bird Builder Punch, use the wing as the flame for the candles by cutting out three from the Gold Glimmer Paper. Attach Dimensionals to the flames to add to the candles on the front of the card.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
1. The base of my card is Tempting Turquoise cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.
2. The second layer is Basic Black cut at 5-1/4” x 4”.
3. The third layer is Whisper White cut at 3-3/4” x 5”.
4. The fourth layer is Crumb Cake cardstock which is cut at 2” x 5”.
5. Take the Tempting Turquoise ink pad and lightly drag it down half the Whisper White cardstock. Turn the cardstock and do the same with Crumb Cake.
6. Mask part of the Tempting Turquoise side and with a sponge and Tempting Turquoise ink rub it back and forth to create the ocean from the sky.
7. Ink up the Sandpipers from the Wetlands stamp set with Basic Black Archival and stamp on the Whisper White layer on the left with part of their heads in front of the ocean. Use the Gel Pen to make waves in the ocean.
8. Take the Crumb Cake cardstock and start tearing across the edge. Sponge edges with Soft Suede ink. Lightly sponge on the Crumb Cake to make it appear as sand or part of the beach.
9. Stamp the people on Whisper White scrap with Archival Basic Black ink. Color them in with Stampin’ Write Markers of choice.
10. Cut them out with Paper Snips and use a Smokey Slate marker to edge the sides of them. Add the Clear Wink of Stella to their hair.
11. Attach Dimensionals to the back and adhere to the right of the beach.
12. Stamp “Congratulations You Two” from Beautiful Ride with Soft Suede ink on the left side of the beach.