Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Finally have some time to post some of my cards that I've made this month. This is a card made from the new In-Color Fresh Fig and using the new ribbon to match is 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon in Fresh Fig. I actually made this same card in all the new In-Colors and their ribbon. This card was inspired by Jennifer Cerizo.
1. The base of my card is Fresh Fig.
2. The second layer is Very Vanilla Thick cardstock and inserted into the Hexagons Dynamic TIEF and run through the Big Shot using the Multipurpose Platform, 4” x 5-1/4” Thick Very Vanilla cardstock inserted into the TIEF, and cutting plate on top.
3. Wrap the ½” Finely Woven Fresh Fig Ribbon around the bottom of the Thick Very Vanilla. Attach a smaller piece and tie to the first piece. Use scissors to cut at angles.
4. Attach card front to the base of the card with Fast Fuse or Multipurpose Glue.
5. Using the 3-1/2” x 5-1/2” Fresh Fig cardstock, die cut the two scalloped circles with the Layering Circle Framelits and the Big Shot.
6. Use the 3-1/2” x 5” Very Vanilla Thick cardstock for the sun shape medallion and use the largest circle from the Layering Circles Framelits to die cut with it and the small Stitched Shape Circle. Ink up the small 3-point image with Fresh Fig and stamp in between petals as shown above.
7. Ink up the sentiment “to think of you is to smile” with Fresh Fig ink in the center of the Stitched circle. Take the doily and make sure there is only one because they seem to stick together, and glue the doily to the upper front of the card.
8. To start putting the medallions together, glue the largest Very Vanilla medallion onto the large Scallop Fresh Fig Circle, but make the sure the petals are pulled out before adding the adhesive.
9. Then, take the small Stitched Circle, and layer onto the small scalloped circle and attach to the center of the medallion.
10. Adhere all together as shown in photo.
11. Adhere the medallion to the doily with Adhesive.