This is a card I had my club members make at a recent workshop so wanted to share it on my blog.
They had seen a similar card I had made with a tissue box inside and wanted to learn how to make one since the original one I made had retired colors and items in it.
Stamp Sets: Bloom with Hope, Itty Bitty Banners, Fabulous Four, Teeny Tiny WishesCardstock: In-Colors Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Whisper White, In-Colors 2014-2016 Background DSP
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Memento Black
Markers: Hello Honey, and Mossy Meadow
Other: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Ovals Collection Framelits, Bitty Banner Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Bone Folder, 3/8” Blackberry Bliss Stitched Satin Ribbon, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals, Big Shot
1. The base of card is 4 ¼” x 11” of Blackberry Bliss scored at 5 ½” in the middle for the card.
2. For the tissue box inside: Cut the DSP at 6 ½” x 3” and score at 1 ½”, 3”, 4 ½” and 6” and use the Bone Folder to crease each scored line.
3. To make the opening for the tissue box, use the smallest Oval Framelit to cut out an oval for the tissue which would be the second section after the ¼” section.
4. It will be open on the sides to allow it to collapse flat when you close the card.
5. Put “tissue” box in the crease of card by gluing 2 sides that will touch the card base. Fold open and closed a few times to make sure it is positioned properly.
6. Put a tissue inside (only 1 ply, and half a sheet so it is not too bulky to mail.
7. Stamp Fabulous Four stamp “Sorry You’re Sick! Get Better quick!” on Hello Honey cardstock and use the Apothecary Accents Framelits die to cut it out and use Snail Adhesive to glue inside.
8. For the front of the card: Cut DSP at 2 10/16” x 4”. Cut Hello Honey at 2 10/16” x 4”.
9. Run the Hello Honey cardstock through the Big Shot the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder.
10. Turn them both over on the back and align pieces to together apply Scotch tape to hold them in place while you attach 3/8” Blackberrry Stitched Satin Ribbon in front.
11. Stamp Bloom with Hope flowers on Whisper White cardstock with the Memento ink. Use the Oval Framelit through the Big Shot to it out. Color it in with markets Hellow Honey and Mossy Meadow. Cut out a Blackberry Bliss oval with the next largest oval with the Oval Framelit die. Glue ovals together with Snail Adhesive and center over ribbon.
12. Stamp “Get Well Wishes” on Whisper White with Blackberry Bliss ink and cut it out with the Bitty Banners Framelit die. Attach with Dimenionals.