Friday, April 21, 2017
Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. The design of the card could be used with other stamp sets, but like her, I had to use the same set for Easter. This Basket Bunch set can be purchased as a Bundle, but it is on the retirement list, so you have until May 31st to order them before they are gone forever!
Here are my instructions for making this card, but Dawn has a video:
Basket Bunch Slider Card
Stamp Sets: Basket Bunch
Cardstock: Cucumber Crush, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride,
Cucumber Crush DSP from the 2015-2017 In-Color Collection
Ink: Memento Black, Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Soft Subtles Markers
Other: Big Shot, Basket Builder Framelits Dies, Stitched Framelits (Oval),
Classic Label, Dimensionals, 5/8” Organza Ribbon, Stapler, Glue Dots, 1-1/4” Circle Punch, Bone Folder, Stampin’ Trimmer, Tear and Tape. Scissors
1. The card base is Cucumber Crush cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”. Score at 4” and then 8”.
2. The Cucumber Crush DSP is cut at 3-3/4” x 5-1/4” and is adhered to the front of the card.
3. Turn your card onto the Stampin’ Trimmer so that the 8” score line is on the left at the 1-1/2” marker on the Trimmer. Put the cutting blade at 1” and cut down to 4-1/2” on the Trimmer to create the slit.
4. Now use the 1-1/4” Circle Punch to punch out a half moon at the top in the center of the card between the two score lines on the front of the card. Close the card and punch again on the back side of the card so they match up.
5. Cut a small piece of Whisper White cardstock at ¾” x 3. Put one Dimensional on one end and then flip it over and put a piece of Tear and Tape at the opposite end. Slide it into the slit so that the Dimensional is on the front of the card and slide it down all the way to the bottom of the slit and up against the slit.
6. The Whisper White cardstock insert is cut at 3-7/8” x 5-1/4”. Line it up inside at the very top between the two score lines and press down onto the Tear and Tape. Then use Tear and Tape on the flap of the card and fold it to the back of the card making sure you don’t tape it to the sliding insert.
7. The Whisper White oval shape is cut out with the largest Stitched Shapes Oval Framelits in the Big Shot.
8. Die Cut the Cucumber Crush grass with the Basket Builder Framelits in the Big Shot. Attach it to the oval close to the top.
9. The basket is stamped on Crumb Cake card stock with Early Espresso ink and cut out with the Big Shot and the Basket Builder Framelits as well as the handle (no stamping on it). Attach it over the grass with Dimensionals.
10. Attach all the other stamp images on a block. Ink them up with Memento Black and use the Basket Builder Framelit Dies to cut them out in the Big Shot. Color them with the Subtles markers.
11. Attach the Blushing Bride ribbon with a Glue Dot.
12. Attach Whisper White Organza Ribbon at the top of the insert folding it in half and staple it. Trim at an angle with scissors.
13. Ink Up “You’re Egg-Stra Special” with Memento ink and stamp on Whisper White scrap and punch out with the Classic Label Punch. Put Dimensionals on the back and adhere to the Stitched Oval under the basket.
14. For the inside of the insert, ink up “An Easter Treat for Somebunny Sweet” with Memento Black ink. Just under the ribbon pull tag and above the basket when it is pulled up.
Products I used:
Products I used:
Sunday, April 9, 2017
This is a little 3-D Easter basket I made with the Basket Bunch set in the 2017 Occasions Catalog which can be purchased as a bundle with the Basket Builder Framelits or separately. The basket is made from Crumb Cake card stock. For the inside of the basket, I cut a strip of Crumb Cake card stock at 1-1/2" x 2-3/4" and scored 3/4" on both sides for the width and 1/8" on both sides for the length. Use a Bone Folder to crease the score lines and then use Paper Snips to cut up to the score lines on the long side parallel to each other making a little notch so that it will fold a little nicer. Use Fast Fuse or Tear and Tape to hold together. I inked up the flowers with Flirty Flamingo ink on Flirty Flamingo card stock as well as the bow. The leaves are Garden Green ink on Garden Green card stock. and die cut them in the Big Shot. I attached Enamel Shapes Regals for the center of the flowers. I attached the flowers and bow with Glue Dots.
Products I used:
Saturday, April 8, 2017
This is another Mini Egg Carton that I made but this time I made it using Melon Mambo Ink Refill in my Spritzer with rubbing alcohol. Once again, I used the Layering Squares Framelits using Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride card stocks. I also used the square Stitched Framelits. The basket is made from Crumb Cake cardstock and Early Espresso ink. I put Cucumber Crush grass cut from the Basket Builder Framelit Dies, and also the chocolate bunny from Soft Suede card stock with Early Espresso ink. The eggs were stamped on Whisper White cardstock and colored in with Stampin' Write markers. I then die cut the eggs.
Products I used: