When I first received the 2018 Holiday Catalog, this was the first stamp set bundle that really caught my eye. I love the pick up truck with the tree, but it also has a house, a tree, a wreath, a fence and some great sentiments. It also uses the Buffalo Check Background in the Holiday Catalog and another set from the annual catalog called Rooted in Nature. This is a card I designed and had my club members make on Sunday.
It was their favorite card to make. Here are the instruction for this card:
Stamp Sets: Farmhouse Christmas, Rooted in Nature, Buffalo Check
Cardstock: Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Memento Black, Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler, Stampin’ Blends: Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black (or Smoky Slate)
Other: Big Shot, Farmhouse Framelits, Layering Circle Framelits, Sponge, Snail Adhesive, Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals
1. The base of the card is Shaded Spruce cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.
2. The second layer is Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4”. Ink up the Buffalo Check BG stamp with Memento Black ink. Lay 4” x 5-1/4” cardstock on top of inked rubber facing up. Lay a scrap of scrap copy paper over the cardstock and press all over with your hand. Remove scrap and carefully lift your cardstock and set aside. Attach to the front of the card with Multipurpose Glue.
3. The third layer is Crumb Cake cut at 2-1/2” x 5-1/4”. Carefully, tear the top and bottom edges and sponge with Shaded Spruce ink. Ink up the trees from Rooted in Nature with Shaded Spruce ink and stamp across the Crumb Cake torn cardstock. Attach to the front of the card slightly towards the bottom.
4. Ink up the truck with Memento Black ink and stamp on scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Die cut before you color with the Stampin’ Blends.
5. Ink up the sentiment stamp first with Cherry Cobbler ink and stamp on Whisper White cardstock. Clean off the stamp! Die cut the circle with the Layering Circle Framelits. Now, ink the same stamp with Shaded Spruce ink and use the die to cut it out in the Big Shot.
6. Attach truck to the lower left by the trees with Dimensionals. Attach the sentiments to front of card with Multipurpose Glue and then Dimensionals above the trees.
Products I used: