Below are my instructions for making this card and I give credit to Rachel Tessman for designing it.
1. The base of the card is Thick Whisper White cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and folded in half.
2. The second layer is Share What You Love DSP cut at 2” x 4-1/4” for the strip outside and for the inside 4” x 5-1/4”.
3. Use the Leaf Punch to punch out two (2) leaves from the Vellum cardstock and color with Mint Macaron ink. Let dry!
4. Adhere the first leaf in the left-hand corner of the card with Snail Adhesive and other on the other side of the DSP strip.
5. Now measure 5/8” from the left side of the card for placement of the DSP strip. (Use the paper grid for measurement – 5/8” is just one mark over from 1/2” inch mark). Adhere with Snail Adhesive/or Multipurpose Glue.
6. Insert the Classic Label Punch to punch on the left side of the card until it stops and punch out through both layers of the DSP and Thick WW cardstock.
Then bring the punch down and line it up with the first punch and punch about ½” more.
7. Use the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlets to make a detailed Basic Black dragonfly and a solid vellum dragonfly in the Big Shot. Always run the Thinlets through the Big Shot at an angle (or at least not head first, so as not to cause them to bend when done.
8. Align the detailed black dragonfly on top of the vellum dragonfly using Glue Dots or Multipurpose Glue. Then add Glue Dots to the bottom of the vellum dragonfly to attach through the punched classic hole in the card. Fold his wings ups slightly so that when you open the card, his wings will go through the punched hole.
9. You can add two Rhinestones and attach as his eyes or onto his body.
10. Add sentiment to the right side and then another sentiment on the inside up at the top. I used the new sentiment "I'm Lucky to have a Friend Like You" from the new preorder stamp set "Love What You Do" and for the inside of the card, I used the Dragonfly Dreams sets for the sentiment "You Sure Know How to Make Someone Happy."
Products I used:
Products I used: