How did I reverse the stamp of the Free as a Bird stamp you might wonder. I taught how to do this technique at my last club workshop. Here is how I did it:
Stamp set: Free as a Bird
Cardstock: Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Memento Black
Stampin’ Blends: Poppy Parade Dark & Light, Crumb Cake Dark & light, Soft Suede Dark & Light, Old Olive Dark & Light, Daffodil Delight Dark & Light
Other: Big Shot, 3D Brick & Mortar, 3D Embossing Folder Plate #149658 for $10, Stamparatus, Silicone Craft Sheet, Stitched Nested Labels, Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals
1. The base of the card is Old Olive cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.
2. The second layer is Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4”. First ink up the leaf stamp with Memento Black ink and randomly stamp at the top of the Crumb Cake cardstock. Color the leaves in with the Old Olive Blends.
3. After you color the leaves, insert into the 3D Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder and use the NEW Blue 3D Embossing Folder Plate on top and run it through the Big Shot. (Any of the new 3D Embossing Folders will require this plate or about 6 stacks of cardstock.) Attach to the front of the card with Multipurpose Glue.
4. Insert the Silicone Craft Sheet into the Stamparatus. Ink up the bird stamp with Memento Black Ink and stamp it right onto the Silicone Sheet. Very carefully, lay the 4” x 5-1/4” Whisper White cardstock on top of the inked Silicone Sheet so that it is in the left corner of the Stamparatus. Be careful not to smear the ink. Without re-inking the stamp, bring the plate back down onto the cardstock pushing down where the bird is attached to the plate. Carefully remove the paper and turn it over and ink up the bird again and stamp on the opposite side so that they are facing each other. Clean off the silicone sheet when done.
5. Color the birds in with the Stampin’ Blends. I made them look like cardinals. Stamp the sentiment “We’re the best of Friends” below the birds with Memento Black ink. Use the Stitched Nested Label to die cut the birds out. Put Dimensionals on the back and adhere on the front of the card.
6. Stamp the inside with leaves and sentiment “Your friendship means the world to me.”
Products I used: