Happy New Year!!! It is time to share some of my latest cards that I have made from the Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs, both of which begin on January, 6, 2015. As a demonstrator, I was able to preorder products and of course earn free products from the Sale-a-Bration catalog.
This was a card I made using the colors Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise. The Lotus Blossom stamp set is from the Sale-a-Bration catalog and can be earned free if you spend $50 in net sales. The lotus blossom is a 2-step stamping Photopolymer stamp set, but actually it is more of a 3-step stamping. Each stamp is numbered so that you know which one to start with. With this particular stamp set, you start with your darkest ink to your lightest ink. The Happy Hearts embossing folder and the "Be Mine" from a new set called You Plus Me both are in the Occasions catalog.
Here are the full directions for this card:
Stamp set: Lotus Blossom (SAB) and You Plus Me (Occasions)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Always Artichoke
Other: Big Shot, Banner Framelits, Happy Heart Embossing Folder, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals
1. Base of card is Pacific Point cardstock cut at 8½” x 5½” and scored in the middle at 4¼”.
2. The second layer is Tempting Turquoise and it is cut at 4” x 5 ¼” and inserted into the Happy Heart Embossing Folder and run through the Big Shot and then adhered to the front of the card with Snail Adhesive.
3. With the Banner Framelits using the largest framelit, cut out a Pacific Point banner, and the second from the largest, cut out a Whisper White banner.
4. For the lotus flower, there are 3 stamps to create this beautiful flower and each one as a notch at the very top so that you can align them perfectly and since they are Photopolymer, it makes it even easier to align each stamp. Start with the darkest ink first which would be Pacific Point. This will be the inside petals of the flower and the smallest stamp. Next, ink the second image stamp with Tempting Turquoise and stamp over the first Pacific Point image.
5. For the third stamp, ink it up with Tempting Turquoise and then stamp off before stamping onto the flower.
6. Stamp “Be Mine” from the You Plus Me stamp set in Pacific Point right above your flower. Stem is inked up with Always Artichoke.
7. Layer banners together with Snail Adhesive and attach to the front of the card with Dimensionals.