Friday, October 11, 2024

Attention Shoppers - Happy Birthday Slider card

 

September is a busy birthday month, so I need to create a lot of birthday cards for my friends.  This is a slider card that I made using the Designer Series Paper Iconic Celebrations with the candles.  It was perfect for this card.  I needed a cake and used the one from Attention Shoppers.  The slider-card technique was from one I saw that Rhonda Wade made, but I changed the cardstock, DSP and stamps to create my own.  

Stamp Set:  Attention Shoppers, Simply Said “Happy Birthday”

Cardstock:  Misty Moonlight, Thick Basic White, Basic White, 6” x 6” Iconic Celebrations DSP

Ink:  Misty Moonlight

Stampin’ Blends: Misty Moonlight, Daffodil Delight

Other:  Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, Attention Shoppers Dies, Bone Folder Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 2” Circle Punch, 1/2" Iridescent Striped Trim 

 

1.     The base of the card is Misty Moonlight cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 1” and 5-1/4”.  Cut off 5/8” on opposite side of the 1” side.  Use the Bone Folder to burnish the scored lines.

2.    For the inside cut Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5-1/4” and adhere to the inside with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

3.    Ink up the “Happy Birthday” from Simple Said with Misty Moonlight and with the card closed, stamp this sentiment on the Basic White on the right side.

4.    Ink up the cake from Attention Shoppers stamp set with Misty Moonlight ink on Basic White cardstock.  Color it in with the Stampin’ Blends.  Die-cut it out with the Attention Shoppers Die.

5.    Punch out a 2” Circle Punch from Thick Basic White and insert inside the card and attach a Stampin’ Dimensional for the cake.  Now it will slide along the two sections to open. 

6.  Attach the Iridescent Striped Trim and tie a bow at the top.

Products I used:



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Layers of Beauty - Anniversary Card

This is a card that I made for my son and his wife's 10-year anniversary that was yesterday.  I babysat their kids so that they could go...