Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Anti-bacterial Hand Gel Holders for Halloween




These Halloween Holders were fun to make. I bought the anti-bacterial hand gels at Bath and Body Works (5 for $5)and got the idea from Erica Cerwin. I cut two pieces of cardstock. One is at 3" x 10" and the other one is 6" x 1 1/2".

Then I turned both pieces long ways in my cutter and scored the biggest piece at 1", 2", 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" with my scoring blade. The smaller piece was scored at 1/2", 1 1/2", 4 1/2" and 5 1/2". Use a Bone Folder to crease the scored lines. On the smaller piece, you will need to trim off the outside tabs (1 1/2" long on all 4 sides). The hole was made by using the medium oval punch, although it is too small a hole for the bottle of hand gel, so it needed to be punched twice by punching as close to the scored line at the top and bottom as possible to make the oval wider.
Then I applied Sticky Strip to the sides of the smaller piece as well as the side tabs. I peeled off the red tape only on the bottom tab and attached it to the inside of the bottom lip of the biggest piece. Then I peeled off the red tape on the tabs and taped them down to the bottom side of the biggest piece. Then, I removed the red tape from the other side and adhered it to the back part of the biggest piece. Now the gel should fit inside the hole and it can be decorated as desired inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...