Friday, June 16, 2017

Happy Birthday Balloons


This makes a very nice "Happy Birthday" card for someone and I was inspired by a video I saw from the KitchenTableStamper.com.  However, I changed the base of my card and omitted a few things that she had.  I also used the Sizzex Adhesive Sheet to adhere my "Happy Birthday" die.  Here are the instructions for my card:



1.     Base of the card is Tempting Turquoise cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.
2.    The second layer is Whisper White cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4”.
3.    Fresh Florals is cut at 1-1/4” x 4” and adhered to the left side of the Whisper White with adhesive.
4.    For the “Happy Birthday” measure 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” of Sizzix Adhesive Sheet and 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” of Basic Black cardstock to die cut through the Big Shot using the Precision Cutting Plate.  Peel off the backing.  Adhere to the Whisper White cardstock on the right.
5.    Ink up the small balloon stamp with Tempting Turquoise ink and stamp on Tempting Turquoise cardstock as far to the bottom of the cardstock as you can and do it upside down so that you can punch it out.  Punch out with the Balloon Bouquet Punch.  Do the same with Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst.
6.    Attach Baker’s Twine with a Glue Dot.  Make a loop around the bottom of the balloon and put the end through the loop and pull it tight, so it looks as though the string is wrapped around the bottom of the balloon.
7.    Use Multipurpose Glue to attach your balloons together for the arrangement before placing a Dimensional behind each one.  Now turn them over, and place a Dimensional behind each one.
8.    Put a little Glue Dot at the bottom of the card to hold the strings together.  Add die-cut bow (Pretty Pines Thinlets) or an In-Color Bitty Bow.  I used the color Berry Burst for my bow.
9.    Trim the stings if they are too long.

Products I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...