Thursday, August 22, 2024

Hearts & Hugs Pinwheel Card

I've been out of town babysitting my grandchildren a lot this month, so I apologize for not posting since the beginning of the month.   I did take some things to stamp with my granddaughter.   She loves doing crafts as much as I do.

  

This is two of the cards that we did at a club workshop back in June 2024.  They had a choice of which pinwheel card they wanted to make.  My friend Justine came to visit me before the workshop, and we played around and made a few card samples.  They are really easy to make once you get the hang of it.
Here are my instructions for the first card, but you can change it to whatever scraps you might have:

Stamp Set:  Hearts & Hugs (Happy Birthday)

Cardstock:  Summer Splash, Petunia Pop, Basic White, 2024-2026 In-Color 6” x 6” DSP

Ink:  Petunia Pop

Other:  Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, Paper Trimmer, Stylish Shapes Dies, Eyelet 3D Embossing Folder, Hearts & Hugs Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 2024-2026 In-Color Resin Dots

 

1.     The base of the card is Summer Splash cardstock cut at 4-1/4” x 11” and scored at 5-1/2” in the middle.

2.    The second layer is Petunia Pop cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4” and inserted into the Eyelet 3D Embossing Folder and run through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine.  Adhere to the base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

3.    Cut two Summer Splash squares at 2-5/8” each and glue one layer in the middle as by making an 8 pointed star.

4.  From the 2024-2026 In-Color DSP, cut eight (8) 1-1/4” squares.  Glue one pattern of the 1-1/4” square to one of the points (but do not completely glue it down).  Now, glue an alternating 1-1/4” square to the next point.  Continue alternating with the rest of them until you get to the last one and tuck it under the first one you put down.  Add a Resin Dot to the center.

5.    Ink up the “Happy Birthday” sentiment with Petunia Pop ink on Basic White cardstock and die-cut with the label from the Hearts & Hugs Dies.  Adhere to the bottom front of the card and you might want to add 1” x 4” DSP down first.

Products I used:


 


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Haunted House Kit

This is a Halloween Haunted House Kit #164376 for $18 in the US, that I bought when it first came out.  However, I didn't put it togethe...