Sunday, March 6, 2016

Wetlands by the Tide

Here is another beach scene I created using the sandpipers from the  Wetlands stamp set, the shell from the By the Tide set, an the "Happy Birthday" from Rose Wonder (2016 Occasions). 

  • The base of my card is Tempting Turquoise cardstock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4" in the middle.
  • The second layer is Basic Black cardstock cut at 4" x 5-1/4".
  • The third layer is Whisper White cut at 3-3/4" x 5".
  • The fourth layer is Crumb Cake cut at 2" x 5" but torn along the long edge and sponged with Soft Suede to create the beach.  Stamp "Happy Birthday" in Soft Suede ink.
  • For the sky and ocean, I used Tempting Turquoise ink lightly over half the Whisper White.   The other half I used Crumb Cake to create the beach.
  • I stamped the sandpipers with Archival Basic Black ink.  I used the Gel Pen to create waves.
  • I added the Crumb Cake cardstock that I had already prepared with Snail Adhesive to the bottom of my card.
  • I stamped the shell on Whisper White cardstock and used the Blushing Bride marker to color it in. I also edged it with a Soft Suede marker.   I added the Clear Wink of Stella to make it shiny.
  • Then cut it out with Paper Snips and add Dimensionals to adhere it to the beach.
Products I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...