Saturday, March 5, 2016

Rose Wonder Birthday

This card was inspired from a card on Pinterest that my friend/customer Justine shared with me.  So I wanted to give it a try.  It involves using the pieces from the Rose Garden Thinlets after cutting out different colors of card stock.  I used Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz.  It is sort of like putting a jigsaw puzzle together.

  • The base of my card is Basic Black card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4" in the middle.
  • Then I inserted another piece of Basic Black card stock into the Big Shot using the Rose Garden Thinlets Dies to create the base outline of my flower. I glued down on the front of my card using 2-Way Glue Pen.
  • Then I used Daffodil Delight and a Crushed Curry scraps in the Big Shot for the rose.. Then for the leaves I used Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz scraps.  After running them through the Big Shot, I layed the thinlet on Glad Press N' Seal and used the Big Shot Die Brush.  Most of the pieces stuck to the Glad sheets.  This made it easier to locate my pieces when I glued them into the black outline of the rose. To glue them, I found that the Multipurpose Liquid Glue worked the best.
  • After I glued in all the pieces, I used Paper Snips to trim around the bottom of the rose and leaves.  Then inside I inserted a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" Daffodil Delight card stock and stamped "Happy Birthday" in the lower right side with the Archival Basic Black ink pad.
  • This is probably a more advanced card to teach this technique, but love the way it turned out.
Products I Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

March 2024 Paper Pumpkin Fun-Fold Box - Sweet Springtime

  Stamp Set:   March 2024 Paper Pumpkin Kit - Sweet Springtime Cardstock:   #3 Milk Carton Ink: Gorgeous Grape Other:   Paper Trimmer,...