Saturday, August 9, 2014

Bloom with Hope


I love sunflowers, don't you?  The Bloom with Hope hostess set has a beautiful sunflower stamp, so I made another gift card holder for a birthday card using Daffodil Delight cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11" for the base of my card. Then I scored one end at 1 3/4" on the Simply Scored. I used Sticky Strip on each side to form a pocket.  I used the Envelope Punch Board on the other end and made notches at 1" on each side to create tabs to be inserted into the pocket.  Then I stamped sunflowers on Whisper White cardstock with black ink and colored them in with Daffodil Delight and Chocolate Chip markers.  I stamped "Happy Birthday" in black ink next to my sunflowers, and layered it onto Basic Black cardstock at the top with Snail Adhesive.  .I stamped two more sunflowers on  Whisper White cardstock with black ink and colored them in with the markers and then cut those two out with the Paper Snips. I put Dimensionals on the back and attached one over my stamped sunflowers   I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border on Basic Black cardstock and attached to the bottom with Snail Adhesive. I attached the other cut out sunflower over the ribbon border.

 
 For the inside, I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 3 1/4" x 6 3/4" and scored at 1/2" and  5" using the Simply Scored.  Create a pocket by using Sticky Strip on each end.  Put Sticky Strip on the small edge and remove the strip.  Put pocket inside other pocket and close by putting the notched tabs inside the pocket.  The sticky strip will adhere to the card so that when you open it up, the gift card will pull out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Products Retiring Soon

  Hi Stampers: The Last Chance Products are on sale now!  That's right from 9-30 April, you can save up to 60% off of your favorite prod...