Friday, December 11, 2020

Home Together Dies - I'm Back!

 Hi All,

I've not been posting on my blog since October because I had a complete knee replacement, so I've been healing and going for physical therapy.  I haven't felt like being creative, but hoping to get back into it very soon.  Since today is my birthday, I thought I would show you what I have been doing. I decorated a little lighted tree which took me several weeks because it was hard to get up and down from my chair each time I needed something.  The idea came from Cyndi Johnson.


  


Here are the instructions for the ornaments for the tree and where to buy the lighted tree.



1.      For the Birdhouses: Cut Whisper White cardstock at 3” x 3” and score at 1” on all four sides to create the house cube. Use the heart-cut die to cut two from Cherry Cobbler or Shaded Spruce.  For the solid house dies, cut two from Whisper White cardstock.  Glue pieces together and add to two of the sides.

2.    For the Roof: Cut 2-1/4” x 1-3/8” from Whisper White and the same from the DSP.  Score in half.  Punch a hole in the middle of the scoreline and add a loop of the Gold Ribbon on the Whisper White Roof.  Adhere the DSP to the White Roof.

3.    The trees and snowflakes were made with the Home Together and So Many Snowflake Dies.  The trees from the DSP are two-sides using the Adhesive Sheets (I cut one Shaded Spruce tree and adhered the Gold Ribbon for the loop and then adhering the DSP trees to both sides).  Do the same for the snowflakes cutting one Whisper White snowflake, adhering the loop, and then attach the adhesive snowflakes to each side. The adhesive sheets make it so much easier.

The battery-operated tree can be purchased from Amazon and it takes three AA batteries.  Amazon.com: 24" LED Birch Tree with 24 Lights (2 Packs), Tabletop Lighted Bonsai Birch Tree Battery Powered Thanksgiving Table Decoration Light for Indoor Christmas Party Home and Bedroom Fall décor: Home & Kitchen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...