Friday, September 25, 2026

Oh My Fright - Spooktacular Halloween Card

This card was inspired by Amy Koenders.  I watched other videos of demos who made similar cards to help me trim my Designer Series Paper.  Since it is 6" x 6", I cut 1-1/2" off each side.  It left me 3" for the middle, but I wanted it to be 2-7/8", so I trimmed 1/16" off each side.   I also trimmed from the top and bottom to make it 2-7/8" x 5-1/8" for the front flap.

Here are my instructions:  

Stamp Set:  Oh My Fright

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Granny Apple Green, Spooktacular 6x6 DSP

Ink:  Versamark, Memento Black

Other:  Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Words & Wishes Dies, Multipurpose Glue, Black Journaling Pen, Adhesive Backed Ghosts & Bats

 

1.     The base of the card is Basic Black cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”.  Trim 1” from the edge of the base to make it 5-1/2” x 7-1/2”.

2.    Cut the panel around the face of the DSP at 2-7/8” x 5-1/8”.  Adhere the DSP panel to Granny Apple Green cardstock cut to 3” x 5-1/4”.

3.    Adhere the layered panels to the card front.

4.    Use the embossing Buddy on the Basic Black label (die-cut from the Words & Wishes Dies) to remove excess oils, etc.  Ink the sentiment “Trick or Treat” onto the Basic Black label with Versamark ink.  Then sprinkle White Embossing Powder over it.  Shake off excess powder.  Heat set with the Heat Tool until it shines.  Adhere to the front below the face with Stampin’ Dimensionals. 

5.    For the inside, the Basic White cardstock is cut at 2-3/4” x 5-1/4 and adhered inside to the left.  Then, on the right, add the long strip of the 1-1/4”x 5-1/4” orange and black DSP.  I stamped a spider web in the left corner and the smiley spider at the bottom left.  Then I drew a line with the Black Journaling Pen, but you can decorate it any way you wish.

6.    Optional:  You can add a ghost or bat to the front, if you wish.  You can also add the white circles to his eyes.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Oh My Fright - Spooktacular Halloween Card

This card was inspired by Amy Koenders.  I watched other videos of demos who made similar cards to help me trim my Designer Series Paper.  S...