Saturday, February 4, 2017

Dragonfly Dreams



















 Finally had a chance to play with my Dragonfly Dreams stamp set.  Night of Navy and Island Indigo are two of favorite Stampin' Up! colors, so that is what I used for my card.  This stamp set is a two-step stamp set.  I also have the Detailed Dragon Fly Thinlets but didn't use them on the outside of my card but did for the inside.  Both can be purchased as a bundle or separately on page 26 of the 2017 Occasions Catalog.   For the front of my card on the left, I stamped the image first with Night of Navy on 3-3/4" x 5" Whisper White card stock.  Then I inked up the next stamp with Versamark ink and then inked it up again with Island Indigo.  I did pour some of my old, retired Iridescent Ice onto it and used the Heat Tool.  I sure miss this embossing powder because it really has a lot of different colors when the light shines on it.  It just sparkles!  I used the sentiment on the front "To a wonderful friend" using Versamark ink, Night of Navy ink, and Clear Embossing Powder. I used the Heat Tool to emboss it.  On the inside of my card on the right, the sentiment "Enjoy your special day!" was stamped with Island Indigo ink.  I die cut the dragonflies with the Detailed Dragon Fly Thinlets from Island Indigo cardstock.  Here's a little tip: To adhere the dragonflies inside, I put a little bit of Multipurpose Glue on a Silicone Craft Sheet and then took a sponge to it and sponged the back of the dragonflies.  It was a fantastic way to adhere them to the inside of my card without worrying about getting the glue all over them.  I learned this from another demo and had to try it with this card.  It works great!

Products I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...