Friday, November 15, 2019

Free Skate in Night of Navy

When I was a little girl, I learned to skate with hand-me down black boy skates.  I am the youngest of four siblings (two boys and two girls), so I got a lot of hand-me downs.  Those were fun and fond memories, but my skating days are over.  I'm at an age where I think it would be fun, but I'm more apt to break a bone or something.  So this is a reason I purchased this Free Skate set because it reminded me of those fun memories.  I eventually got my very own white skates.  This is such a beautiful set and I love the Detailed Skate Dies that can be purchased with this set in a bundle to save 10%.
Here are my instructions:


Stamp Set:  Free Skate (Page 44 of the Holiday Catalog)

Cardstock:  Thick Whisper White, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Silver Foil, Sparkle Glimmer Paper

Ink:  Night of Navy

Other:  Big Shot, Detailed Skate Dies, Stitched Nested Labels, Snowflake Sequins, Shimmery Crystal Effects, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Multipurpose Glue, Glue Dots


1.     The base of the card is Thick Whisper White cardstock cut at 4-1/4” x 11” and scored at 5-1/2” in the middle.

2.    The second layer is Night of Navy cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4”.

3.    The third layer is Whisper White half banner die cut from the Stitched Nested Labels and stamped with the sentiment “It’s that Wonderful Time of Year” with Night of Navy ink.

4.    The skate die is from Detailed Skate Dies.  The first die is cut from Whisper White cardstock.  The second die is cut from the Sparkle Glimmer Paper and attached with Multipurpose Glue.  Die cut the silver foil skate blade and be careful not to get glue on it when attaching.  Add the die cut bow at the top with a Glue Dot.  Adhere the skate to the card with Dimensionals.

5.    Add the Snowflake Sequins using the Shimmery Crystal Effects sparingly.  Let dry!

Products I used: 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...