Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Sweet as a Peach Calendar

This is a hostess gift I made last month for my hostess.  I've made a few others in the past and always forgot to take a picture of them.  I water Anna Helman's video on how to make them.  I over-ordered mini-calendars this year so need to make a lot more.  They even make great birthday gifts.  Just circle the birthday date to give as a gift.  I made instructions, but you may want to watch her video on YouTube: 

My instructions:

Stamp Set:  Sweet as a Peach

Cardstock:  Balmy Blue, You’re a Peach DSP

Ink:  None

Other:  Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Detailed Trio Punch or Corner Rounder, Tear and Tape or Stampin’ Seal Plus, Mini Tear off Calendar, Post-it Notes, Mini Pencils,

 

1.     The stand for the calendar is Balmy Blue cardstock cut at 3-3/4” x 10-1/2” and scored on the long side at 4”, 8”, 9” and 10”.

2.    The second cardstock is 4-3/4” x 7” and scored at 4” and 4-1/2” and then turn it and score at 4-1/4” on each side (or ½” on each side).

3.    Assemble the stand by burnishing the score lines.  Use the Bone Folder.  Use a Corner Rounder on what will be the top of the stand so you punching through two layers in the middle.

4.    On the box part, make a 1-1/2” score line only to the scoreline in the larger area and then turn it around and do the same thing but at 5-1/2”.  Use the Paper Snips to trim the rectangle completely out where you just made the score lines.  So the same thing on the same side.  Then trim just up to the score lines on the lines in the middle.

5.    Corner Round the top piece.  Fold in the flaps to do this.  Cut the DSP at 3-1/2” x 3” and Corner round it before applying to the inside of the top of the box.

6.    Put strong adhesive on the bottom two flaps on the inside.  Align to form the box.

7.    Put the other 2-1/4” x 3-1/4” DSP on the front.  Attach the mini calendar.

8.    Attach to the stand with strong adhesive.

9.    Insert post-it notes and pencil.

Products I used: 




 

Product List

1 comment:

  1. Such a clever idea! Thanks for sharing the directions! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...