Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Peaceful Cabin Wood Chip Christmas Ornament

Last year, I bought these wood chips from Amazon but never stamped on them.  I bought the kind that doesn't have holes, so I had to drill my holes which seemed to take a long time since I think I had the wrong bit.  Amazon does have some with the holes already and the ribbon or yard to add to them.
Anyway, I saw a sample on Stamp with Susie, a very talented demonstrator, so it reminded me to start stamping on them.  The peaceful cabin stamp set is perfect for stamping on them because it makes a nice scene.  I hope to make a lot more to decorate my little Christmas tree this year.  They are really easy and fun to make.  Here are my written instructions for making these:

Stamp Set:  Peaceful Cabin, Peaceful Deer, and/or Evergreen Elegance

Project:  3-1/2” Wood Chip from Ink:  Classic Pads of Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Balmy Blue

Other:  ¼” Black and White Gingham Ribbon, Drill (or purchase the ones with holes already)

 

1.     Wipe off the Wood Chip with a cloth to remove residue.

2.    Ink up the cabin from Peaceful Cabin with Soft Suede ink and stamp towards the bottom of the wood chip.  Leave it on for a few minutes to be sure the ink soaks into the wood.

3.    Ink up the sentiment “Sending Love and Peace” from Peaceful Deer with Cherry Cobbler ink and stamp above the cabin leaving it on for a minute.

4.    Ink up the pine tree from Peaceful Cabin or Evergreen Elegance with Old Olive ink and stamp again without re-inking next to it.

5.    Optional:  Add Balmy Blue snowflakes from Peaceful Deer left of the sentiment.

6.    Drill a hole at the top and add your ribbon of choice.  I used ¼” Black and White Gingham Ribbon.

7.    Use a Basic Black Stampin Write Marker to add the date, if you wish.

 

Tips:  Do not use Stampin’ Blends or Memento ink because they tend to bleed.  Stazon will work.


Products I used:


 

Product List
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

March 2024 Paper Pumpkin Fun-Fold Box - Sweet Springtime

  Stamp Set:   March 2024 Paper Pumpkin Kit - Sweet Springtime Cardstock:   #3 Milk Carton Ink: Gorgeous Grape Other:   Paper Trimmer,...