Friday, October 15, 2021

Pretty Pumpkins - Stained Glass

Stained Glass was a fun technique when Stampin' Up! sold Dazzling Diamonds.  Well, I still have mine, so I decided to use it to make my card.  I hope Stampin' Up! brings it back because this is such a fun and beautiful technique.  First, I used the Stamparatus using a Window Sheet and Stazon ink to stamp the pumpkin and the vines.  Then, I turned it over to use Stampin' Blends to color it in.  Once I was satisfied, I used Shimmery Crystal Effects and then Dazzling Diamonds.  Put white tissue over the images while they are still wet and let dry.  Here are my full instructions:

Stamp Set:  Pretty Pumpkins

Cardstock:  Shaded Spruce, Brushed Gold Metallic, Cork Specialty Paper, Window Sheets

Ink:  Memento Black, Stazon Black

Stampin’ Blends:  Pumpkin Pie, Mossy Meadow, Cajon Craze, Soft Suede, Mango Melody (retired)

Other:  Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, Detailed Pumpkins Dies, Stamparatus, White Tissue Paper, Shimmery Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds (retired), Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Elegant Faceted Gems, Stazon Clean, Baby Wipe and/or Stamp Cleaner

 

1.     The base of the card is Shaded Spruce cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.

2.    The Brushed Metallic Foil is cut two ½” x 5-1/2”.  The Cork Specialty Paper is cut at 2-1/2” x 5-1/2”.  Attach the foil pieces to the cork so that ¼” is showing at the top and bottom.

3.    The Window Sheets is cut about 4” x 5-1/4” Use the Stamparatus to ink up the pumpkins and the two vines with Black Stazon ink.  Immediately clean the stamps with Stazon Cleaner and a baby wipe. 

4.    Add the sentiment “Gather Together” to the cork paper using Memento Black ink using the Stamparatus.

5.    Turn the window sheet over and color from the backside with the Stampin’ Blends.  Add Shimmery Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds.  Shake off excess.  Put white tissue paper on it while it is still wet.  Now, let dry!

6.    Once dry, die-cut with the Detailed Pumpkin Dies.   Add Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back of the pumpkins and adhere to the left side of the Cork paper. Add the vines in front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

7.    Add three Elegant Faceted Gems at the bottom.

Products I used:


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...