Friday, February 2, 2024

My Sweet as Honey Treat Box - with Bit-O-Honey candy

When I was at a recent Apple Orchard, I found some Bit-O-Honey candy which I loved as a child, so I bought a bag and knew I could make something with the Bee Mine Valentine stamp set.  So, this is a box that Kelli McConkey created.  This little treat box holds about 5 or 6 candies.  The finished size is about 2" x 3". but here are the instructions. with a pattern for the box.

Stamp Set:  Bee My Valentine

Cardstock:  Daffodil Delight, Basic White, Sweet Sorbet, 12” x 12” Bee Mine DSP

Ink:  Tuxedo Black Memento, Sweet Sorbet

Other:  Paper Trimmer, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Bee Builder Punch, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals

 

1.     The base of the box is Daffodil Delight cardstock cut at 5” x 6” and scored at 2”, 2-3/4”, 4-3/4”, 5-1/2”.  Turn and score at ½”, 1-1/4”, and 4-1/4.

2.    Burnish score lines with Bone Folder.  Cut up to score lines and miter the tabs with Paper Snips.  Trim off excess as shown on pattern below:


3.    The Designer Series Paper is cut at 5/8” x 1-7/8” for the top lid of the box.  The front and back are cut at 1-7/8” x 2-7/8” (2) and the sides are cut at 5/8” x 2-7/8” (2).

4.    Trim out a honeypot with the Paper Snips.  Use the Bee Builder Punch to punch out hearts of Daffodil Delight and Sweet Sorbet.  Punch out 1 large Sweet Sorbet heart.  Trim out a bee holding a heart from the DSP.  Ink up the sentiment “You’re Sweet as Honey” in Sweet Sorbet and Tuxedo Black Memento on Basic White cardstock and decorate with Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the front of the box.

5. Fill with candy

Products I used:








Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Country Flowers

This card was made with a new set called Country Flowers in the new 2024-2025 Annual Catalog on page 50.  The technique is called paper piec...