Monday, January 23, 2017

Beautiful You - Reverse Image


This is one of the cards that I had my club members make on Sunday.  I also used it for my swap this month with other demos.  I was inspired by Monique Fielder's reverse-stamping card with this set.  Although, she did paper-piecing which I have also done with this card (see below).  I thought it would be too much to learn in one day for my club members.  Also, I wanted them to have a chance to play with the new Watercolor Pencils using a Blender Pen.  The base of the card is Bermuda Bay, cut at 4-1/4" x 11" and the Whisper White card stock layered on the front is 4" x 5-1/4".  I used the Layering Ovals to cut out ovals to represent the mirror with a scalloped frame. Be sure to glue the frame onto the card with Multipurpose Glue before you add anything else.  I used Memento Black ink on the lady and then stamped on a 3" x 4" Window Sheet and immediately transferred it down on a scrap of Whisper White.  Very carefully, rub it with your fingers to get the image onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock.  I used a baby wipe to remove Memento Black ink off of the window sheet.   Let it dry and then place the window sheet on the inside of the oval window with Snail Adhesive on the cardstock around the edges of the oval.  Cut out a larger Silver Foil image.  Open the card and lay it over the cut-out oval with the foil side down for placement.  Put adhesive on the other side of the foil and fold the back side of the card over it so that it will adhere to the inside of your card.  Use the Bermuda Bay Watercolor Pencil and Blender Pen to color in the lady and then cut her out with the Paper Snips.  Adhere her to the front of the window sheet with Snail adhesive.  Stamp another lady on the right side of the card and color her in exactly as the other lady.  On the inside, ink up the sentiment "Happy Birthday, Gorgeous" with Memento Black ink or "Life Looks Beautiful on You" which are from the same set called "Beautiful You" in the 2017 Occasions Catalog.  Here is my other card:


For the paper piecing, you basically do the same thing except for the using the Bermuda Bay watercolor pencil, you stamp onto the DSP and cut out the dress and hat with Paper Snips and glue them onto the lady.  I did use the Cameo Coral watercolor pencil for her skin tone.

Other Products I Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Products Retiring Soon

  Hi Stampers: The Last Chance Products are on sale now!  That's right from 9-30 April, you can save up to 60% off of your favorite prod...