Saturday, January 5, 2019

Lasting Lily

Can you believe it's January, 2019?  Well, I stamped lots of Christmas cards in December, but never found the time to put them on my blog.  So, I'm going to try to do better this month.  It is Sale-a-Bration time so that means for every $50, you earn free product from the Sale-a-Bration Catalog.
I love lilies, so this set "Lasting Lily" is a FREE set earned by spending $100 that I decided to get right away.  I also made it into a Sympathy card because a club member has lost several friends recently and although, sympathy cards are not my favorite to make, this set actually comes with the sentiment "With Sympathy" but it could also be a Get Well, Thank You or Birthday card as well.
Here are my instructions for my card:

Stamp Set:  Lasting Lily (2019 SAB)

Cardstock:  Gorgeous Grape, Whisper White

Ink:  Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green

Other:  Big Shot, Stitched Label Framelits, Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies, ½” Granny Apple Green Textured Ribbon, Paper Snips, Stamparatus, Dimensionals



1.     The base of the card is Gorgeous Grape cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.

2.    The second layer is Whisper White cardstock inserted into the Big Shot using the largest Stitched Rectangle Framelit Die.

3.    Ink up the lily stamps with Highland Heather ink and stamp onto the Whisper White rectangle.  Ink up the leaves using Granny Apple Green ink and stamp the leaves to the flowers (May use Stamparatus to align them.)

4.    Stamp flowers again on Whisper White cardstock scrap with Highland Heather ink and cut them out with the Paper Snips.  Adhere with Dimensionals over the flowers already stamped on the Whisper White rectangle.

5.    Wrap ½” Granny Apple Green Textured Ribbon around the rectangle and use Scotch tape on the back to hold in place.

6.    Die cut a Stitched Label Framelit.  Ink up “With Sympathy” with Gorgeous Grape ink onto the label.  Attach over the ribbon with Dimensionals.

Products I used:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...