Thursday, January 31, 2019

Butterfly Gala - Balmy Blue

After the freezing temperatures we've had this week in the Midwest, I'm ready for Spring but it's still only the last day in January.  This card made me think of Spring and made me happy.   It was inspired by a card that I saw on Pinterest by Dawn Griffith.  Blue is my favorite color and I need lots of "thank you" cards.
Here are the instructions for my card:

1. The base of my card is Night of Navy cardstock cut at 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2" in the middle.
2.  The second layer is Whisper White cardstock cut at 4" x 5-1/4" and adhered to the front of the Night of Navy card.  
3. The third layer is Balmy Blue cardstock cut at 3-3/4" x 5" but it is first inserted into the Subtle Embossing Folder and run through the Big Shot. 
4.  I then took  2" x 5" of the Botanical Butterfly DSP from the SAB catalog that can be earned FREE with a $50 order.  I colored it in with the Balmy Blue Stampin' Blends.  I inserted it into the Banner Triple Punch at one end.  I then wrapped the Night of Navy Gingham ribbon around it before layering onto the front of my card.
4.  I stamped the double butterfly stamp that matched the DSP with Memento Black ink and colored them in with the Stampin' Blends and their bodies with Memento Black ink.  I then used the Butterfly Duet Punch to punch them out.
5.  I die cut a scallop Night of Navy using the Layering Ovals Framelits.  I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White and die cut it with the Stitched Oval Shapes.  I layered them together and adhered over the ribbon with Dimensionals.
6.  I adhered the small butterfly with a Glue Dot and the larger butterfly with Snail and a Dimensional.

Products I used:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...