Monday, May 24, 2021

Prince and Princess - Host Set

On my preorder with Stampin' Up!, I fell in love with the host set Prince and Princess because of this beautiful swan.  When I was searching for ideas on cards to create, I found this card and decided to somewhat case it and it also opened my eyes to the new Basic Borders Dies to create the clouds, so I knew I needed to have it too.
The original was inspired by Karen Ksenzakovic.  I did a lot of masking using post-it notes to lay over the swan after stamping it the first time and then again on the cattail leaves.  I used the Double Oval Punch for my sentiment.
Instructions for my card:

Stamp Set:  Prince and Princess (Host)

Cardstock:  Pool Party, Basic White

Ink:  Memento Black, Pool Party

Stampin’ Blends: Just Jade, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Soft Suede

Other:  Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder, Basic Borders Dies (clouds), Double Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Post-it notes

 

1.     The base of the card is Pool Party cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.

2.    The second layer is also Pool Party cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4” and inserted into the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and run through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine.

3.    The third layer is Basic White cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4” and die-cut with the Basic Borders Die at the top.

4.    Ink up the swan stamp with Memento Black ink and stamp on the 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White cardstock.  Stamp again on a post-it note and cut out with the Paper Snips to lay over the first stamped image so that it can be masked with the water rings.  Also, cut one of the leaves of the cattails on a post-it.

5.    Using the masks, ink up the cattails leaves left and right of the swan.  Color them in with the Stampin’ Blends.

6.    Glue the Basic White cardstock to the Pool Party Tasteful Textile cardstock with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

7.    Ink up the sentiment “You’re one of a Kind” on Pool Party cardstock and use the Double Oval Punch to punch it out.  Punch out a Basic White scallop oval to layer it onto.  Pop it up with Dimensionals.

 Products I used:



 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...