Sunday, July 8, 2012

Reason to Smile with Monarch Butterfly

This is another card that I made using the Reason to Smile stamp set that I purchased from Stampin' Up! by spending $50 and getting this set for $5.  It is only available for the month of July.  I also used the stamp set Papillon Potpouri for the butterfly.  First, The idea of this card came from Carol Matthews, so I wanted to make my own version.  I stamped the flowers with Stazon Black and then colored them in with markers.  I used the markers Daffodil Delight and Pumpkie Pie for the flowers.  I used Always Artichoke marker for the stems.  I stamped the butterfly twice on Whisper White card stock and colored both with Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight markers.  I glued both butterflies together with the 2-Way Glue Pen and then attached to my card with a Glue Dot.  I layered the flowers and butterfly on Always Artichoke cardstock and then again on th Daffodil Delight card.  The saying "wishing you a" is from a hostess set called Wacky Wishes, and the inside says "Happy Birthday" also from Wacky Wishes.  I really like the Reason to Smile set and I wish it would stay around longer than July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Products Retiring Soon

  Hi Stampers: The Last Chance Products are on sale now!  That's right from 9-30 April, you can save up to 60% off of your favorite prod...