Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Beautiful Day Birthday

Have you tried playing with the Brusho Crystals yet?  This is one of the cards I made using the red and green crystals on Shimmery White Paper.  The stamp set is called Beautiful Day and you can find it in the 2018 Occasions Catalog as well as the Brusho Crystals on page 26.  Do not open the Brusho containers!  Instead, just poke a hole in the top with a push pin of matching color like I did here and keep the pins in so the crystals do not spill.
I watched a lot of videos on how to use the Brusho Crystals and with this one I used Shimmery White cardstock.  I sprinkled the crystals and then used a spritzer to get the effect I was happy with.  Next I let it dry.  Then I inked up the stamp with Versamark and used White Embossing Powder.  Then I cut it out with the Paper Snips.  I thought the colors matched our Melon Mambo cardstock.
Here are the instructions for my card:
1.     Base of the card is Melon Mambo cardstock cut at 4-1/4” x 11 and scored at 5-1/2” in the middle.
2.    Insert the front of the card into the Simple Stripes TIEF and run it through the Big Shot.
3.    Measure 2” x 5-1/2” of the Petal Passion DSP and insert it into the Banner Triple Punch to create a banner for the front center of the card and adhere with Multipurpose Glue.
4.    Sprinkle the Brilliant Red Brusho Crystal Colour on the Shimmery White Paper.  Mist it with the Spritzer.  Now, sprinkle the Moss Green in the corner where the leaf might be.  Mist it with the Spritzer.  Let dry!
5.    When cardstock is dry, ink up the flower from the Beautiful Day with Versamark and stamp onto the Shimmery White cardstock.  Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heal Tool.  Trim it out with the Paper Snips and put Dimensionals on the back.  Adhere to the 3” x” Basic Black cardstock.
6.    Use Dimensional on the back of the 3” x 3” Basic Black cardstock and adhere over the banner to the front of the card.
7.    Ink up sentiment “Happy Birthday” from the Party Pandas set with Basic Black ink and stamp onto strip of Whisper White cardstock.  Let dry and punch out with the Classic Label Punch.  Put Dimensionals on the back and adhere to the front of the card.

Products I used:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

March 2024 Paper Pumpkin Fun-Fold Box - Sweet Springtime

  Stamp Set:   March 2024 Paper Pumpkin Kit - Sweet Springtime Cardstock:   #3 Milk Carton Ink: Gorgeous Grape Other:   Paper Trimmer,...