Monday, October 5, 2020

Snowflakes Wishes - Standard Card and Slimline card

  
It's not the time for Snowflakes in the air just yet, but it is time to make Christmas cards with the new Snowflakes Wishes set.  As a demonstrator, I do monthly swaps with other demos and I received the standard card from a fellow demo, Cooki  Osinski a few months ago.  At the time, I was wanting to create the Slimline cards, so I thought why not try to create her card doing a Slimline and I really like the results.  She used the Winter Snow Embossing Folder and I was wondering how I could use it in a Slimline card since the card would be longer than the embossing folder.  No problem!  All I did was emboss it once and then turn it around to emboss the other side.  The only problem was there was a line in the middle, so the Highland Heather cardstock cut using Stitched Rectangles would cover it up.
She also used the Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper to die cut her snowflakes.  How come one of them is Highland Heather?  You can get that effect by using Versamark, Clear Embossing, Highland Heather ink, and the Heat Tool.  I don't know if that was the way she did it but it was the way I did it.  Although, I think she did several more coats than I did.  The sentiment is stamped with the new In-Color Misty Moonlight The Snowflake Splendor DSP also adds a lot to this card and I would have never put these two colors (Highland Heather and Balmy Blue) together, but I really like them, don't you?

Products I used:  



 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...