Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Let's Sail Away and Waves of Inspiration

This is a card I made using two sets.  I was just playing around and made the wave Tahitian Tide ink.  I then added the Pretty Peacock ink which is not the color of the ocean, but I went with it.   I blended the Tahitian Tide with the Blending Brush.  I used the Stamparatus to ink up the sailboat.  I made a template for the clouds using the Basic Borders Dies, so I was just playing around.  Even my birds are flying in the wrong direction so this is my first attempt at what I had in my head.  Hopefully, my sailboat gets away from the big strong wave.

Stamp Sets:  Let’s Sail Away, Waves of Inspiration

Cardstock:  Tahitian Tide, Basic White

Ink:  Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party, Balmy Blue, Tuxedo Black Memento

Other:  Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, Basic Borders Dies, Stamparatus, Sailboat Builder Punch, Stylish Shapes Dies, Blending Brush, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

 

1.     The base of the card is Tahitian Tide cardstock cut at 4-1/4” x 11” and scored at 5-1/2” in the middle.

2.    The second layer is Basic White cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4”.

3.    Die-cut a cloud border using the Basic Borders Dies with Basic White cardstock.  Use the cloud template and Balmy Blue and the Blending Brush to create the clouds in the sky.

4.    Use the Stamparatus to make the wave using Tahitian Tide ink and Pretty Peacock ink.

5.    Put the sailboat stamp in the Stamparatus and ink it up with Tahitian Tide.  Punch it out with the Sailboat Builder Punch.  Adhere to the right of the ocean wave with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

6.    Die-cut a banner using the Stylish Shapes Dies on Basic White using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  Trim off the left side and adhere to the front of the card.

7.  Add the birds in the sky with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

Products I used:


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Country Flowers

This card was made with a new set called Country Flowers in the new 2024-2025 Annual Catalog on page 50.  The technique is called paper piec...