Monday, June 29, 2020

Dandelion Wishes - Fourth of July

My cat Milo is all black and he is afraid of the fireworks like most animals are.  I thought it would be fun to include him in my Fourth of July card as if he is looking at the beautiful fireworks display.  I've seen other people use the Dandelion Wishes as fireworks, so I thought I would give it a try.  I was inspired by Tina Wardell's card with Playful Pets.  Here are the instructions to my card.


1.     The base of the card is Pacific Point cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2 and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.
2.    The second layer is Real Red cardstock 3-5/8” x 5”
3.    The third layer is Whisper White cardstock cut at 3-3/8” x 4-3/4”.
4.     Stamp the Dandelion Wishes stamp on the Whisper White cardstock in Versamark ink.  Eliminate the stems.  Add the White Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool.  I actually used the retired Shimmer White EP.
5.    Using Sponge Dauber, sponge the Real Red and Pacific Point on the fireworks.  The sparkles of the embossing powder will still shine through.
6.    Use the sentiment “Let’s Celebrate” from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set.
7.    Ink up the “Let’s” with a Black Marker.  Then alternate Real Red and Pacific Point markers on the “celebrate”.
8.    Basic Black scrap for the cat.  Punch it out.
9.    Attach punched out Basic Black cat using Dimensionals to the card.

Products I used:






Product List
Shimmer White Stampin' Emboss Powder
Shimmer White Stampin' Emboss Powder
[149511]
$6.00
Cat Punch
[144666]
$18.00
Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
[100052]
$3.50
Pacific Point Stampin' Write Marker
Pacific Point Stampin' Write Marker
[120968]
$3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...