Monday, January 18, 2016

Sky is the Limit over Lovely as a Tree


When I first saw the Sale-a-Bration FREE set Sky is the Limit set, it was not my favorite until I received a few swaps from other demos.  I also saw video by JanB and knew I wanted to create her card too, but I added the Gold Wink of Stella on the airplane for the propeller and the wheels.  The base of the card is Whisper White, and the second layer is Mossy Meadow.  The trees were inked up with Daubers of Mossy Meadow and Early Espresso and stamped on Shimmery White Paper.  Then I used a Blender Pen to make the trees really POP!  I also added Clear Wink of Stella to the trees.  I stamped the Plane with Archival Black and used a Blender Pen on it and cut it out with the Paper Snips and attached with Dimensionals.  It is a great masculine Happy Birthday Card.


1.     The base of card is Whisper White cardstock cut at 5½” x 8½” and scored at 4¼” in the middle
2.    The second layer is Mossy Meadow cardstock cut at 4” x 5¼”.  Attach to the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  Let dry!
3.    The third layer is Shimmery White cardstock cut at 3¾” x 5”, but you will stamp on it before attaching.
4.    Ink up a Dauber with the Early Espresso Ink and ink up the trunk and branches of the Lovely as a Tree.  Then use another Dauber to ink up the leaves on the tree using Mossy Meadow.  Huff on the stamp before stamping it onto the Shimmery White cardstock leaving enough room at the top for your airplane.
5.    Take the Blender Pen and color the stamped tree leaves with it.  Like magic, it will make the green in the trees pop more. 
6.    Ink up “Happy Birthday” stamp with Archival Black Ink pad and stamp in the upper left-hand corner.
7.    When dry, color tree leaves in with the Wink of Stella. (You could also use 2-Way Glue Pen and Sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds on the trees).
8.    Attach to the front of the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue when dry.
9.    Take a scrap of Shimmery White cardstock for the plane. Ink up plane with Archival Black in pad.  Use another Blender Pen to color in parts of the plane but not too dark.
10.  Cut it out with the Paper Snips and attach to the card above the trees with Dimensionals.



Here are the products I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...