Monday, September 4, 2023

Bag of Bones and Tricks & Treats

My Canon printer quit on me this morning without a warning.  I've tried everything to fix it, but I guess it's time for a new one.  At least I'm able to stamp.  I just can't scan my cards, but I can take photos with my cell phone.  I really had a lot of fun making this Countryside Corner Scenery with the Bag of Bones and Tricks & Treats Set.  I used the Glow-in-the-Dark Bats & Ghosts to add to the scenery.  The card also stands up to display.  Be sure to check out the Them Bones Suite on September 6 on pages 48 and 49.  The Tricks or Treats set comes as a bundle and has a die for a treat bag to make for your Halloween treats.  The Countryside Corner Card Trio was inspired by Liz Shannon but I used different stamp sets and DSP.







Stamp Sets:  Bag of Bones, Tricks & Treats

Cardstock:  Starry Sky, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, 12” x 12” Them Bones DSP

Ink:  Memento Black Ink, Versamark, White Embossing Powder, Black Embossing Powder

Other:  Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, Paper Trimmer, Country Corner Dies, Paper Snips, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Bag of Bones Dies, Bone Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Glow-in-the-Dark Bats & Ghosts

 

1.     The base of the card is to cut three of the largest Country Corner Dies out of Starry Sky cardstock.  This takes a whole sheet of cardstock.  You also need to cut two Starry Sky hinges at 1” x 3-1/4” and scored in half at ½” inch.  Burnish with the Bone Folder.

2.    Adhere with Multipurpose Glue to attach all three together and making sure that they will fold into a medium sized envelope.

3.    Cut Them Bones DSP in half approximately so that you can die-cut three Country Corner Die scenes with the largest die.  Glue the two ends pieces making sure they fold up using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  Add the middle section with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, but you may need to trim off on each long side slightly for it to fit.

4.      For the inside:  I used the “Boo” from Tricks & Treats and die cut it from Basic White cardstock and then glue it to Basic Black cardstock.  With the Paper Snips, I trimmed around the “Boo” leaving a black layer around the edges. I glue it to the first Country Corner Panel.

5.      Then I used the Embossing Buddy on Basic Black cardstock.  I stamped the dog, skeleton and cat stamped with Versamark on the Basic Black cardstock.  I added White Embossing Powder to each one and shook off the excess.  Then I heat set each one.  I used the Bag of Bones Dies to cut them out and I attached them to the scenes with Stampin’ Dimensionals. 

6.      I also attached the Glow-in-the-Dark Bats & Ghosts.

7.      On the outside, I cut two Pumpkin Pie cardstock dies next largest Country Corner Dies and stamped “Trick or Treat” from the Tricks or Treats stamp set on one with Versamark ink and the other one with “Happy Halloween” from the Bag of Bones stamp sets, and I used Black Embossing Powder to emboss with.  One goes on the front panel and the other one goes on the last flap so that you see it when you open the card.

Products I used:


 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Country Flowers

This card was made with a new set called Country Flowers in the new 2024-2025 Annual Catalog on page 50.  The technique is called paper piec...