Friday, September 22, 2023

Bag of Bones - Earrings

These are earrings that I made with Shrink Plastic.  I bought the Shrink Plastic on Amazon but Stampin' Up! used to sell it along time ago.  I have made earrings and charms before with stamps and Shrink Plastic and used my Heat Tool instead of baking them in the oven.  Just be careful when heating him up.  His legs wanted to stick together.  I used some retired hand-held punches, but I'm sure you can find them at other places.  Just remember, the hole will shrink too, so you don't want it too small.

Here is how I made my Shrink Plastic Earrings which I love sharing with you:

Stamp Set:  Bag of Bones

Cardstock:  Shrink Plastic Sheets (Amazon), Smoky Slate

Ink:  Black Stazon

Other:  Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, Bag of Bones Dies, 1/8” and 1/16” Hand-Held Circle Punches (Retired), Heat Tool, Take Your Pick Tool, Earrings Hooks, Jump Rings, Small Pliers

 

1.     Ink up the skeleton stamp with Black Stazon ink and stamp two skeletons on the Shrink Plastic Sheets.

2.    Die-cut them both out with the Bag of Bones Dies.  You may need to run it through a couple times.

3.    Punch a 1/8” Circle Punch at the top of his skull.  The hole will shrink too so make sure you don't use too small a hole punch.

4.    Use the Heat Tool to shrink the Skeletons using the Take Your Pick Tool to hold them in place while shrinking them.

5.    Let cool!  Insert the jump rings into the holes and attach to the earring hooks with small pliers.

6.    Die-cut a Smoky Slate Mausoleum die and punch two 1/16” holes with the hand-held punch at the top to insert the skeleton earrings to display.

Products I used:




 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Latte Love - Gift Hard Holder

  I love a cup of coffee in the morning when I first get up, so I fell in love with this Suite/Bundle Latte Love from the Online Exclusives....