Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Balloon Celebration

This morning when I woke up, I went to You Tube and saw a fun video made by Dena Rekow, and her card inspired me to make one too.  It involves a lot of masking and a lot of different inks.  Just love the little penguin holding these balloons for a great birthday card for kids of all ages.

  • The base of my card is Watermelon Wonder cardstock cut at 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2" in the middle.
  • The second layer is Basic Black cardstock cut at 4" x 5-1/4" and my third layer is Whisper White cardstock cut at 3-3/4" x 5".
  • I stamped the little penguin from Snow Place (from the Holiday catalog which is still available) at an angle with Archival Basic Black ink and colored in his beak with a Pumpkin Pie marker.  I stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday" from the Balloon Celebration stamp set with the Archival Basic Black ink.
  • I stamped the small and large balloon outline stamps on a piece of post-it notes to cut out several layers for my masks.
  • The balloons are a 2-step technique.  I stamped the first outline balloon at the top with Archival Basic Black ink.  Then I stamped the balloon image with Watercolor Wonder and the second layer with Melon Mambo.  I masked that balloon and stamped some large and small balloons masking as I went along.  Some of the areas left a little white edge from me not getting my mask exactly in the right place, so I just used a Dauber to fill it in.
  • Using the same technique as the first balloon and being sure to mask, the other colors I used were Pool Party and then Bermuda Bay.  Then Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry.  
  • The strings are hand drawn with the Basic Black marker.
Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

March 2024 Paper Pumpkin Fun-Fold Box - Sweet Springtime

  Stamp Set:   March 2024 Paper Pumpkin Kit - Sweet Springtime Cardstock:   #3 Milk Carton Ink: Gorgeous Grape Other:   Paper Trimmer,...