Friday, February 12, 2021

Hey Birthday Chick Bridge Card

Have you ever made a bridge card before?  I have made them but not with this Hey Birthday Chick Bundle (Hey Birthday Chick and Birthday Chick Dies).  I did use some of the Chick Dies to make the chicken coop and the corn stalk.  This card was inspired by Cindy Lee Designs because when I see a card I really like, I want to try to CASE it and add my own touch which I did with the little peeps. Here are my instructions:

1.     The base of the card is Balmy Blue cardstock cut 4-1/4” x 8” and scored at 1-1/4”, 2-1/2”, 5-1/2” and 6-3/4”. (or 1-1/4” x 2-1/2” on both sides)

2.    The Basic White cardstock is 4” x 4-3/4”.  Using the Blending Brush and the clouds post-it-note mask (die-cut from the cloud die “So Much Happy Die”) with Balmy Blue ink. Be sure to brush upwards on the mask instead of downwards.  Cut 1” off of each side to glue onto the side panels.  The remainder goes in the middle panel (2-3/4” x 4”. (I created my own mask by using the Paper Snips on the post-it to create my clouds).

3.    Cut a strip of Garden Green cardstock at 1” x 5-1/4” and die-cut three Crumb Cake fences.  Adhere the fences to the Garden Green strip cutting off one of the fences to make it fit.   Adhere the strip to the left lining up with the outer edge of the 1” panel.  Then do the same on the other side so that it lays flat.

4.    Cut another Garden Green piece for the middle panel that measures 1-3/4” x 2-3/4”

5.    Ink up the large chicken and hatching chick with Stazon™ ink and color in with the Stampin’ Write Markers.

6.    Die-Cut three small peeps and three corn cobs from Bumblebee cardstock as well as two of the “Happy Birthday” sentiments, the chicken coop from Real Red cardstock, the corn stalk from Garden Green as well as three husks.

7.    Attach the corn stalk on the far right panel.  Add the corn to the husks with Multipurpose Liquid Glue and add to the cornstalk with Glue Dots.

8.    Add the large chicken with Dimensionals on the right panel slightly off from the cornstalk.

9.    Add the hatching chick to the right panel above the fence with a Dimensional.  Add the three little peeps along the fence with Multipurpose Glue.   Add the red barn with Dimensionals but overlapping the green cardstock in the middle panel.

Products I used, although not listed are the Stampin' Write Markers of Real Red, Bumblebee, and Pumpkin Pie which you may need to purchase with a group of Stampin' Write Markers:



 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Products Retiring Soon

  Hi Stampers: The Last Chance Products are on sale now!  That's right from 9-30 April, you can save up to 60% off of your favorite prod...