Monday, August 1, 2016

Jar of Love

I've always enjoyed canning jars.  We used to have huge gardens and I loved to can so many delicious garden vegetables.  I felt like a prisoner in a canning factory many summers.  My days of canning are over, but I've collected a lot of antique jars throughout my lifetime, and I like to decorate with them now.   So I couldn't wait to order the set Jar of Love in the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog.  The base of my card is Pool Party that is 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2" in the middle.  I've attached a Serene Scenery DSP cut at 4" x 5-1/4" to the front of my card.  The doily is sponged with Crumb cake to give an antique or tea-stain look.  I stamped the jar on vellum with Stazon Black and let it dry completely before using a Pool Party marker on the back for the water inside my jar.  I stamped the stems and leaves with Pear Pizzazz, the flowers are Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Black Stazon for the centers.  I cut them all out with the Everyday Jar Framelits in the Big Shot.  I attached the flowers with Dimensionals and Glue Dots.  The bow is Bermuda Bay.

Products I used:  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...