Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Friends Are Like Seashells

Just look at these beautiful shells...they are from the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog on page 42.
When I first saw the set, I didn't think I really needed it because I had stamp sets with shells.  However, the die and the embossing folder made a bigger impression on me.  I've seen so many samples on Pinterest and blogs, that I had to order the whole Suite on pages 40-41.  I didn't use the Opal Rounds on my card, but instead, I used Blue Adhesive- Backed Gems from the annual catalog.  This card was inspired by Jan Clothier's card on Pinterest.  I changed it somewhat but liked her layout.  These are my instructions for my card:

1.     The base of the card is Thick Whisper White (or Thick Basic White) cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.

2.    The second layer is Whisper White or (Basic White) cardstock cut at 4” x 5-1/4” but before inserting it into the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder, use the “sand” stamp with Crumb Cake or Soft Suede.

3.    Die-cut the Seaside Seashell Die using the Soft Sea Foam cardstock.  Trim off the leaves with the Paper Snips and position on the second layer for placement.  Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

4.    Stamp the shells on white cardstock using Basic Gray ink.  Die-cut them out with the Seaside Seashell Dies.  Color them in with the Stampin’ Blends.  Attach to the second layer with Dimensionals.  Add the Blue-Adhesive Gems.

5.    Wrap the second layer with the Braided Linen Thread.  Attach the second layer to the base card with Dimensionals.

6.    Ink up the sentiment “Wishing You the Very Best” on white cardstock cut at 3/8” x 2-3/4” with Basic Gray.  Layer onto Soft Sea Foam cardstock cut at ½” x 2-7/8” and attach with Dimensionals over the Braided Linen Thread.


Products I used:



 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...