Monday, March 8, 2021

Friends Are Like Seashells - Sand and Sea

This card makes me want to be at the ocean to listen to the waves and the seagulls and smell the air.  It feels like Spring here in Indiana this week, but the ocean is still fun to visit sometimes.  I love this new stamp set called Friends Are Like Seashells and it comes as a Bundle or you can purchase the whole Suite which is what I did.  Although the Embossing Folder Seashells is on backorder right now, you don't need it to make this card.  You do need the Sand and Sea DSP, Crumb Cake, and Seaside Spray cardstock.  The Seaside Spray cardstock is retiring soon because it was introduced as a new In-Colors two years ago.  It has been a favorite color of mine so I will miss it.  Here is how I made this card:

 

1.    The base of the card is Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.

2.    The second layers are 2” x 5-1/4 of the Sand and Sea DSP adhered to Basic White cardstock.

3.    Wrap the ribbon around the layers to cover the seam where they meet and secure in the back with Adhesive.

4.    Ink up the sentiment “Love you to the beach and back” with Midnight Moonlight ink on Basic White cardstock.  Die-cut with the Layering Circles Dies.

5.    Die a scallop Crumb Cake circle with the Layering Circles Dies. 

6.    Layer the sentiment circle onto the crumb cake circle.  Pop it up with Dimensionals over the ribbon.

7.    Ink up the starfish stamp with Seaside Spray ink and stamp it on Seaside Spray cardstock.  Die-cut it out with the Seaside Shells Dies.  Pop it up with a Dimensional and add a Rhinestone in the center.


Products I used:




 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Supremely Awesome Round Metal Decor

  This is another project they made on Sunday's club.  It is a Galvanized Metal Bottle Cap that I got at Dollar Tree.  I used the Deckle...