Monday, March 1, 2021

Friends Are Like Seashells - White Embossed

This card reminds me of my mother-in-law who used to love to go shelling on the beach at Sanibel Island.  I had the pleasure of going with her once and it was beautiful there.  I've seen similar cards like this one, but I decided to emboss my conch shell with Versamark and then White Embossing Powder.  Then I inserted it into the embossing folder  Seaside Seashells, then I die-cut it with the Seaside Seashells, but had to use the Paper Snips to trim part of it.  It gives a great 3-D look.

Here are my instructions:

1.     The base of the card is Rococo Rose cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.

2.    The second layer is Sand and Sea DSP cut at 4” x 5-1/4” and adhered to the front of the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

3.    Cut Basic White cardstock at 2” x 5-1/4” and insert into the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder.  Layer onto 2-1/4” x 5-1/2” Rococo cardstock layer with an adhesive.

4.    Ink up the conch stamp with Versamark ink and stamp on a scrap of Rococo Rose cardstock.  Add the White Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool.  Insert into the Seaside Seashells Die and then again in the Seaside Seashells Dies.  Trim it out completely with the Paper Snips.  Adhere with Dimensionals.

5.    Cut out a strip of Rococo Rose for the banner (about 4” long).  Use the Versamark to ink up the sentiment “Wish You the Very Best” and use White Embossing Powder and heat set it with the Heat Tool.  Punch the right end with the Banners Pick a Punch.  Adhere the left side under the shell.  Use adhesive to attach.

6.    Ink up two Opal Rounds with the Rococo Rose Stamping Blends Dark.  Attach to the Basic White middle of the card.

7.    For the inside:  Cut Basic White cardstock at 4-1/4” x 5-1/4” and insert a small clamshell at the lower right side.


Products I used:


 


 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. You have made my day!

Products Retiring Soon

  Hi Stampers: The Last Chance Products are on sale now!  That's right from 9-30 April, you can save up to 60% off of your favorite prod...