Monday, February 29, 2016
Sunday, February 28, 2016
- The base of my card is Marina Mist card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4" in the middle.
- I cut another piece of Marina Mist at 5-1/2" and about 3" and tore the bottom edge. I stamped it with Gorgeous Grunge stamp with Marina Mist ink to represent the ocean. I sponged the torn edge with Marina Mist ink.
- I cut a piece of Crumb Cake at 5-1/2" about about 3" and tore the bottom edge and sponged it with Crumb Cake. I also sponged the card stock lightly to represent the sand at the beach.
- I stamped "You are just the Nicest" in Marina Mist ink on the Crumb Cake.
- I wrapped Very Vanilla Thick Baker's Twine around the "ocean" area. Then I layered both pieces on the front of the card
- I stamped the starfish with Crumb Cake on Crumb Cake cardstock. I 2-step stamped over the first image with Hello Honey. I inked up the edges with Soft Suede marker. I used an Versamarker on the starfish and sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder and used the Heat Tool to make it shiny. I adhered it to the card with Dimensionals.
Saturday, February 27, 2016
Thursday, February 25, 2016
This is another Easter card that I made. Just love that little bunny from the Friends & Flowers stamp set in the 2016 Occasions catalog. I also used the stamp "Happy Easter" from the Easter Lamb set #140740 that is also in the catalog. My card was inspired by B.J, Peters
- The base of my card is Blushing Bride cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4" in the middle.
- The second layer is from the Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack cut at 4-1/4" x 3" and attached to the bottom of the card.
- Next, I used the 2" Circle Punch to create a hole in the lower right side of the card punching through the card and DSP.
- I stamped the bunny twice and four ears on Whisper White cardstock using Archival Basic Black ink. I punched his face out with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch and the Festive Flower Builder Punch for his ears. I colored in the ears with the Blushing Bride marker and gave him rosy cheeks. I attached his ear with Glue Dots and put the first bunny on the front of the card. I opened it up inside and attached the second bunny with Snail Adhesive.
- I stamped "Wishing you all the beautiful blessings of Easter" from the Suite Sayings stamp set.
- For the flowers on the front, I used the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack on Whisper White cardstock. I used the 1/4" Handheld Circle Punch for the center of the flowers using Blushing Bride and then attached them with Glue Dots.
Monday, February 22, 2016
This idea came from Janet Holmes which I found on Sudsol which a website for Stampin' Up! demos. I used the stamp sets Work of Art and Easter Lamb.
- The base of my card is Daffodil Delight cut at 4-1/4" x 11" and folded in the middle.
- The second layer is Whisper White card stock cut 4" x 5-1/4" and I used the Oval Collection Framelit to die cut an oval in the center. I stamped "Happy Easter" from the East Lamb set at the bottom with Marina Mist.
- Underneath my second layer is another piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 3-3/4" x 5" and I started stamping it with the Works of Art stamp image and Pumpkin Ink. I cleaned off my stamp, and then used Marina Mist.
- Then Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz and Pumpkin Pie again cleaning my stamp between colors. Attach to the back of the Whisper White die cut to create the Easter egg.
- I used the Itty Bitty Punch Pack using the flower punch to create 4 flowers with colors used in the egg. I attached with Glue Dots over the Daffodil ink image. Then I attached Basic Jewel Rhinestone to each flower.
- I added a yellow bow with the 1/4" Daffodil Delight Cotton Ribbon.